Unless you’ve been living under a rock the last few years, you would have definitely herd of an acaí (ah-sigh-EE) bowl. Well, if you haven’t, i’ll explain to you what it is. Acaí is a berry that originates in South America, it tastes delicious and is loaded with vitamins, minerals and has more antioxidants than any other fruit. Basically you blend it up with some frozen bananas and top with with fruit, nuts and berries or whatever you please!
These little nutrition bombs are perfect, they taste amazing and they are so refreshing, especially in summer. They are perfect for breakfast to kickstart your day with a healthy, refreshing meal or even just as a snack.
Acaí is loaded with healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, protein, fibre and omega 3 fatty acids. Also, as mentioned above it has an excellent antioxidant profile.
You can buy acaí in all health food stores. They sell it in both the frozen and powdered form. I recommend the frozen, its cheaper, much more convenient and tastes better.
- 3-4 Frozen ripe banans
- 1 Frozen Acaí packet (I used Amazonia brand)
- Any fruit of your choice such as strawberries/berries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, banana etc
- Coconut flakes
- Nuts and seeds
- Place frozen bananas into a high speed blender, break up the frozen acaí and add.
- Blend on high speed until smooth, creamy and combined, this may take a few minutes, use some almond milk or coconut water if it needs some liquid to help it come together.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl, top with fruit of choice, coconut, nuts and seeds. Serve and enjoy!