Do you ever find yourself craving something unhealthy like cakes, cookies or brownies but you’ve been trying to eat healthier? I know I do. Well, I have the solution that will satisfy those cravings and are also good for you at the same time.
I can assure you these peanut butter- choc protein bliss balls will hit the spot. They are rich, chocolatey and dense, but are full of all natural ingredients as well as being high in protein, fibre, essential omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, magnesium, iron and phosphorous.
The key component of this recipe is the protein powder. I used Organic Hemp Plus protein powder by 180 nutrition in the flavour “Chocolate.” Now, ill be honest, I’m not normally one to consume protein powders on a regular basis as they are usually loaded with chemicals- but not this one. This protein powder is plant-based, 100% natural, organic and gluten-free. The best thing about this protein powder is it contains essential omega 3 fatty acids, which a lot of other protein powders lack! This is due to the fact the protein comes predominately from hemp. It’s also enriched with maca which has so many health benefits, it doesn’t have any added sugars or nasty chemicals, all 100% natural which is hard to come by in protein powders. The powder tastes great even in just smoothies, it’s very chocolatey and delicious, I really recommend it. If you would like to check it out click here to see more information.
*NOTE: I am in no way sponsored by 180 nutrition, all comments are purely my opinion and experience, I just want to share a brand I love with you.
- 1 Cup Almonds (Raw)
- 2 Tbs Chocolate hemp protein powder by 180 nutrition
- ½ Tbs Cacao Powder
- 16 Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 2.5 tbs Peanut Butter - Smooth, 100% Natural (Salted)
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- Desiccated coconut for rolling
- *Note: If the peanut butter you are using does not contain salt, add a pinch of rock salt to the recipe
- Add almonds to the food processor, blitz until they begin to break down into small pieces
- Add the protein powder, cacao and dates and blitz until the mixture begins to come together
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup and further blitz for approximately 2 more minutes until the mixture is an even consistency and it starts to gather in clumps together
- Roll the mixture into small balls with the palm of your hands, then roll them in coconut and set aside
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy.